MG42 Lafette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MG42 Lafette

Hi all, this is the only pic of this Lafette that I have at the moment, more to follow, 1940 Lafette for MG42, so probably a reworked 34 Lafette, has correct data plate and mounting for opitcal sight, colour not Yugo but a darker green more than likley used by Norwegians, opinions please?
    Attached Files

Too little to go on for a safe answer, but it doesn't look Norwegian so far. The rear mounting wall for the buffer spring appears to be the correct one. On the reworked Norwegian MG34 lafettes the original one was just cut down with a grinder..... The missing bolt box indicates Norwegian though. Austria might be a possibility though! Need more pictures!!

Comment

More pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Yugo green paint job. Even has the holes in the end plate where they put thier own data plates.

What is the date on the elevation mechanism ?

Regards

Tim

Comment

Hi Tim, I will ask the question, other than the paint is there any difference between this one and a untouched Lafette?

Comment

OOOOOHHHH YEAH! This is one seriously F#¤%ed up Yugo tripod!
                  The ûberschiesstaffel is not original (contrary to stated!). Just check how all the Yugo text has been rubbed off with sandpaper, leaving only the numbers! This tripod started out as a MG34 tripod, and has been heavily modified to accept the MG42 (all done postwar in Yugoslavia). The trigger lever has been modified, the holes after the removed Yugo-plate as mentioned, the canvas pads are postwar, the forward gun mount has been replaced with a postwar Yugo, the rear mount for the buffer spring housing has been replaced AND the nut holding the sleigh attached to the buffer spring is obviously missing. Apart from all this; of course the paint work with black painted details and in addition the bluing of some parts that should have been kept as blank metal.

Originally posted by regiment739 View Post
                  ...other than the paint is there any difference between this one and a untouched Lafette?
                  This is a MG34 tripod that has been heavily modified and rebuilt to fit the Yugo MG53. It is excellent for reenactment as a "MG42" lafette once a new nut has been found, or as a donor for those parts that are unaltered.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have let it go, I realise it is a Yugo rework

Comment

Hi All,
                      I am looking for a pair of Yugo Lafette carry straps.
                      Can't seem to find them here in USA.
                      Don't want to buy reproductions and original German issue is to expensive for now.

Any ideas.

Thanks,
                      Frank

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X