WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1940 Mauser Banner 95 percnet with matching mag and matching holster.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1940 Mauser Banner 95 percnet with matching mag and matching holster.

I picked this up at a local auction. Its a 1940 Banner luger marked with eagle L for police. Matching mag and holster. Its all matching down to the FP. Bore is great. 1.jpg 11.jpg 5.jpg 4.jpg 11.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 2.jpg 55.jpg
    Attached Files

This make my fourth luger. I may sell one of my 39s. Both are all matching but one has a mismatched mag. 44.jpg 33.jpg 77.jpg 333.jpg 55.jpg 444.jpg 555.jpg 66.jpg 222.jpg 111.jpg

Comment

Congratulations, nice find!
      Lookin for Reichsbahn Items and Luger mag E/63 5662W

Comment

super nice one congrats

Comment

Thanks. She did not come cheap. But it has the SU16 mark on the left hand side of the barrel. I found a similar gun on RIA that had a holster but not matching that realized 7475 dollars.

Comment

The Su on the barrel is correct. Most of the barrels around your serial number range had Su or S/42 on the barrel. It appears the Police had to take whatever parts were available at the time.

Comment

One of the old timers on another forum said it was import marked. I don't know what he is seeing but this has no import marks anywhere. Not sure what he is talking about. Its as clean as can be.

Comment

Pull the mag out and look at the underside of the cutouts where the ears of the mag base fit into the frame; some recently imported guns (e.g. Sturgess collection w/ Simpson Ltd. as importer) were very discretely marked in this location with a specialized laser engraver. I have also seen post-1986 imported Lugers and P.38's that were import marked on the frame, under the grips (i.e. import marks not visible unless grips are removed). Such under-the-grips markings are, however, not BATFE approved thereby potentially creating a problem. And, yes - BATFE does pursue cases for failure to import mark and/or inadequate import markings (e.g. the well-know collector/dealer/importer in New Mexico a few years back).

Comment

I removed the grips, nothing there, nothing in the mag well where you show and nothing under the frame like in the other photo you show.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X