Mauser 45A .22 Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mauser 45A .22 Rifle

Not tough to find a full French made "MAS 45" rifle, but the earlier ones have eluded me until now. Was finally able to pick up one that was "Mauser 45A" marked with added French markings. Built in France with parts made at the Mauser factory. Still not one of the earliest ones, but one I needed.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Interesting variant of these immediate post-war French production training rifles. I remember when the MAS 45 .22 rifles were imported in the mid-1980's; the gun shows always had sellers with the MAS 45 rifles wrapped new in a grease paper wrapper inside the original crates. Sort of a "time capsule" being opened right in front of our eyes.

Comment

Alan, I found this photo of a crate of 10.
      Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I seem to remember them showing back up in the early 2000's. I do not remember the importer.

Comment

Yes, Willi - the photo depicts the MAS .22 rifles just as I remember seeing them at shows. I think (??) I remember the asking prices being around $175 at the time.

Comment

Alan, I never paid attention to them years ago. I think the crate of 10 went for $4500 back in 2018. Market price today, when I see slightly used singles for sale at shows run $375-450. Clips are around for $15. I never see any with sight hoods in place, same for most other German .22s. Most shooters in the US seem ditch them for some reason.
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X