X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gewehr 43 cleaning time

Hi Guys

Time to clean my weapons

so i have a small question... as you can see the handguard’s inside is fairly filthy from the powder gasses that pass through.... a lot of gunpowder residue.

Is there a way to clean it ? And what stuff do you guys use to clean it ?

thanks in advance
    Tom

2F7520A2-0D97-4ACA-BCEE-D5E69812EFE1.jpeg

Hello Tom,

I don't know how it is done for weapons but, when restoring furniture, I use a mix 50/50 linseed oil and turpentine. That should clean the wood and provide some protection. Now, oil might change the colour a bit, giving a more vivid aspect to the texture. I use it to clean my weapons. Hope it helps.

Carles

Comment

You can clean it but it will never look as new. I just wipe off the excess carbon with a clean rag & a little Hoppe's bore cleaner.

Comment

Hi !

Thanks for the tip.....

it doesn’t have to look new of course.... that would spoil the look on the rifle.... it is old, and it’ll stay old.....

but i just want it to be a little cleaner.... i have thought about buying a repro stock just for shooting, and keep the original stock in my safe, so it does not damage when taking the rifle to the shooting range.... but repro stocks are pretty expensive as well.....

anyway, i have been cleaning it very carefull, and it does work !

FB42DF99-5526-4E5C-8B4D-67CE61FC684D.jpeg
        Thanks
        Tom
        www.mp44.nl

Comment

I have repro stocks for 100,00€ each ,and spare handguards for 30,00€ each in Belgium

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X