HSc with matching mags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSc with matching mags.

IMG_20200811_173339842_2.jpg IMG_20200811_173800912_2.jpgI don't know what I am doing with photos in the past one of my children took care of my photos. This was my introduction to Third Reich pistols some years ago and at the time didn't have a clue as to the significance of matching numbers. This was the holster that it was in when purchased and I just had it repaired, so it finally looks correct. I didn't want to find a new one as this rig feels to me as it has always been together. Thanks for any comments, John.IMG_20200811_173429109_HDR_2.jpg
    Attached Files

Very nice police issue.

Comment

IMG_20200811_173558791_HDR_2.jpg Thanks this is the other side of the trigger gaurd, John. IMG_20200811_173409187_2.jpg

Comment

Glad to see that you elected to keep the holster together with the gun + mags. The holster is the correct police pattern with the police-style eagle acceptance marking, as well as being manufactured by the Otto Sindel firm of Berlin (who was one of the primary suppliers of holsters and other weapons-related leather goods to the Weimar and III Reich-era German police forces). So, yes - I would agree that the holster w/ pistol (which is also police acceptance marked) and 2 matching mags numbered in the police style have been together since pre-May, 1945. Nice rig and I'm sure happy to see that you kept it together!

BTW: Anyone ever notice that among the Weimar and WWII-era military type small arms (that were issued with numbered mags), you see the highest incidence of surviving matching mags (particularly 2-matching) with police issue items? For example, finding a German military issue P.08 with 2 matching mags is very unusual, but with the police issue P.08 finding a 2 matching mag rig is not all that uncommon. I assume this distinction is the consequence of the difference in usage. With military issued items, the pistols were carried in the field and (in most cases) used by troops in the chaos of combat and related wartime service. With the police guns (excepting the ones used by "Combat Police" engaged in military-type activities), the small arms were typically carried by policemen in the day-to-day of routine patrol, investigation, etc. (just like you would expect from police forces today in both urban and rural environments), so that the police issued guns just simply were not subjected to the same service life conditions as were their military-issued counterparts. Just an observation with a little opinion tossed in.

Comment

Thank you Alan, in 14 years hadn't gotten any information on the holster or Otto Sindel, John.

Comment

Nice one. Not commonly seen.
            MLP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X