Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Holster? Walther PPK / Model 4 / "O27" for Review

Hello All,

Got this with an NSDAP Abschnittsleiter uniform grouping. Upon conducting a discrete inspection of the holster, I found a number of markings, the two most prominent being what looks like, "O27" stamped into the leather on the reverse along with an "SA" stamping. The seller was unaware of any markings, and a Walther Model 4 came with the holster. The holster is a typical "PPK-like" holster measuring approximately 7" x 5". The Model 4 fits nicely and the holster has molded itself to it's form factor (I assume they've been together a long time). What does the "O27", maybe "Q27" stand for - is the Czech model 27? If the SA stamping is legit; would seem to make sense coming with a Abschnittsleiter grouping.

Thanks,

Eric

Photos with Flash:

IMG_3233.JPG IMG_3236.JPG IMG_3244.JPG

Comment

This one is best to see the "O" or "Q" before the "27," although it is difficult to make out in the photos:

IMG_3247.JPG

Comment

Natural Lighting:

IMG_3445.JPG

Comment

I really can't make out the markings clearly except perhaps the end of the numeral 7. I regard any SA marking on the reverse to be spurious. And why would you expect an SA marked holster to accompany an NSDAP Abschnittsleiter tunic? It seems to be a generic small caliber holster similar to the Anuschat design favored for the Party and SA PPKs and PPs, but differing in design of the trigger flap/strap. Are there any maker marks on the holster?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
            I really can't make out the markings clearly except perhaps the end of the numeral 7.
            Joe,

Hopefully, this makes it a little clearer. Thanks.

Slide1.JPG Slide2.JPG

Comment

There is a lot of space between the 0, 2, and 7 that you identify. I've seen plenty of USGI bring-backs where the soldier scratched his service number on the back of the holster, often in this same general area. Such was done as a way to ID the war trophy (as, per the WWII vets I spoke with over the years, GI-on-GI theft of war trophies was rampant). Also, I've heard of GI's having to lock up their war trophy pistols in the unit arms room during post-war occupation (to prevent theft as well as accidental shootings), with the war trophy pistol released to the GI when he shipped back to the US. A service number starting with an 0 would indicate an Officer.

Comment

To clarify: In noting the generous amount of space between the numbers/characters you ID, I think that there may be other illegible numbers/characters in between the visible ones. As such, your 0-prefix number appears (IMO) to approximate a USGI's service number.

Comment

The only SA specific holsters that I'm aware of have a large SA rune on the front of the holster on the flap and some of the manufacturing details are different than this one. The maker mark ("AKAH") is beneath the flap.
                  Festina lente!

Comment

Hi,
                    this is an original holster for the Czechoslovak pistol Vz. 27.
                    The emblem/marking is not "SA" but "Ž" as "Žukov".

​​
                    ​​
                    ​​
                    ​​
                    Picture - the same emblem "Ž" on the handle of the pistol

Take a look at the photos on this websites:
                    original: http://www.panzer.cz/cs/nahradni-dil...i-cz-27-t.html
                    replica: https://www.legendarnizbrane.cz/cz/p...stoli-vz-27-1#
                    replica: https://aukro.cz/pouzdro-pro-protekt...-27-6970765946

Comment

ACD,

Thank you. This is making a little more sense. For some reason, I am not seeing the 4 .jpg attachments, but, the links show the three holster examples. The holsters are not quite the same (my version has a side flap where the tab is attached), but, we look to be in the right vicinity.

Regards,

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by ACD View Post
                        Hi,
                        this is an original holster for the Czechoslovak pistol Vz. 27.
                        The emblem/marking is not "SA" but "Ž" as "Žukov".....a-
                        I really doubt that it is a Czech issue holster for the Vz 27. Dc9, you might try a pencil tracing of the markings and provide images of them. Lay a sheet of paper over the marking and lightly move the side of the lead of a pencil back and forth quickly. It should provide a better contrasting image of the stamp. But I am pretty sure it is a modern stamp copy of the SA logo.

ACD, you might try practicing with uploading images. After you get the hang of the quirks of this new system, it does become a bit easier.

Comment

I agree: One positive aspect of the recent Forum changes is that photo uploading us much faster and easier . . . a very welcome improvement (IMO)!

Comment

Pencil tracing - great idea. I'll try it later and see if there are better results. Thank you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X