Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MG42 buttstock buffer problem

Hello, I need help from MG42 experts.
    I have old spec deko German MG42, made by "CRA" in 1943.
    Not all parts are 100% from ww2, certain the wood buttstock is postwar (he imprinted the codes in the wood).
    When I mount the buffer is very shaky, I link the video of my problem, I think and I hope this buffer is postwar with fake markings, because if the problem is this, I need only to change the buffer with a good one piece from ww2...
    I also attach the photos of this buffer and the inside of the receiver when i mount the buffer.
    Please help me, I can't stand seeing this...
    Thanks

that's normal.

Comment

The loose play is between the locating/retaining lever stop lug that projects through the hole in the bottom of the receiver and engages the small square notch on the rim of the buffer. In the first pic of the inside of the rear of the receiver, the lug the lever is only partially projecting through the hole. It should sit a lot higher at rest. Spring may be broken or collapsed, etc, or the lever bent so it won't close completely. The lever can be loose on its pivot pin from enlargement of the through holes in the lever. Try pushing the lug end of the lever fully towards the receiver to see it it closes completely and test the looseness of the connection. Some slight looseness is expected. FWIW

Comment

This is the view from below, surely if the lever were wider there would be less looseness ...
        Do you think the buffer is original ww2? At least the big black part with the waffenamt.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi have you sorted out the problem? I have the same problem if I fit an MG42 or MG3 buffer in an M53 receiver. But the M53 original buffer fits M53 receiver almost perfectly. I don’t have an MG42 receiver to test the fitting of other buffers.

Btw I forgot where I read it but loose buffer seems to be a common problem for the original MG42.

Comment

if you can mount a post war butt stock on it, then its definitely not a WW2 buffer. probably you should mount an authentic one (for which it was built for)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X