Byf44 k98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Byf44 k98

This is available for sale locally and the seller says its a mint untouched BYF44 . I haven't seen it in person yet. He also says it's a "L" block so I guess he's referring to the serial number. I checked in the book "Backbone of WH" and it says some BYF44's were made with a "solid stock" but it also says "L" were kreigsmodels . Can anybody guide me on the details judging by these pictures ? thanks
    Attached Files

Stock is not marked Luftwaffe, walnut stock, probably L block serial numbered.

Comment

Looks like a very nice one!!!

Comment

A kreigsmodel is a K98k in it's most basic form...This is not a kreigsmodel since it still has the takedown disc in the buttstock....Also some late war rifles were indeed made with solid and not laminated stocks....Solid blanks (stocks) were used upon availability....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
          A kreigsmodel is a K98k in it's most basic form...This is not a kreigsmodel since it still has the takedown disc in the buttstock....Also some late war rifles were indeed made with solid and not laminated stocks....Solid blanks (stocks) were used upon availability....Bodes
          By most basic form means lacking bayonet lug, lacking bandspring, bands stamped and welded and held on with screws, lacking bolt guide, round gas ports in bolt instead of oblong, and hole drilled in buttplate in lieu of taketown disc in the buttstock....Bodes

Comment

Nice late war BYF. This is a scarcer variant with a walnut stock . About 10 000 where produced in 44 with a massive woodenstock.
            This k 98 was good preserved.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X