No announcement yet.

Estate Luger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is all they had from his service. Probably no chance of ever finding the other mag.

As far as capture papers I don’t know that they have anything official so I was requesting the daughter do a small write up for me.

Just had the seller double check - unfortunately the magazine does not have a matching serial. Bummer. I may ask in the $1,700-1,800 range then. Unless y'all think less.

It does sound like there has been a lot of interest in all three firearms, the most with the Luger. Two confirmed people physically going to the sale tomorrow. She understands where I'm coming from but she did promise the family $2,000 firm on day one. Is this worth potentially losing?

1911 priced at $2,000 as well day 1.
    Last edited by akriener; 07-09-2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I think that if this is an estate auction, silent or live, the Luger will sell for at least $2000 and perhaps as much as $2500. This is just my opinion based on my experience at similar venues.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
        I think that if this is an estate auction, silent or live, the Luger will sell for at least $2000 and perhaps as much as $2500. This is just my opinion based on my experience at similar venues.
        This is no auction. Just a normal estate sale. The family asks a firm price of $2,000 for today and they will be open to offers tomorrow if it does not sell today. Given the lack of two magazines and the one magazine not having a matching serial, is this item worth risking losing out on? I don't know how common it is to find Lugers where the gun itself has all the correct serials and holster, excluding the magazines.

Comment

Check internal parts of Luger and grips to see if they match. Condition is not the best in my opinion, $2000 is about right if all matching.

Comment

Well one single buyer showed up and bought all three for $4,500. Not meant to be I guess!

Comment

Just for reference.This 1940 Luger looks very similar with markings and it comes with a matching magazine, and matching internal parts,but without the holster, key and extra magazine for $1795.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101238164

Comment

Good find. Thanks for sharing Jay!

Comment

Originally posted by akriener View Post
                  Well one single buyer showed up and bought all three for $4,500. Not meant to be I guess!
                  Did I misread something in this post?..What were the three guns?...One Luger, one Hsc, One???...Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post

Did I misread something in this post?..What were the three guns?...One Luger, one Hsc, One???...Bodes
                    NM, I see there was a Model 1911 .45 as well...Bodes

Comment

I would have bought it. Nice matching Lugers with holster and tool are getting hard to find now. I had a very nice WWI Naval Luger that I sold a few years ago. I regret it now. It was a great shooter and won me many a bet!
                      Richard.

Deus Dat Incrementum

Comment

Originally posted by akriener View Post
                        Wow, that was a good find for $4500.00 if the 1911A1 was a legit WWII piece! I would have jumped all over that. All three are getting somewhat harder to find now at estate sales. Money in the bank as they say. To bad!!!

Comment

Kinda reminds me of having bought 2 03a3's at different times for $350.00 in prime armory condition and finding reason to sell them for not much more,the last one at least was for helping a family member with an important need for a lawyer,and the problem was won.que será!

Comment

I paid 1700 usd for numbered luger in exactly same condition and with neccessary papers to shoot the gun and keep it officially (Czech Republic).
                            Magazine is not matching on my though.

Comment

I paid 1700 usd for numbered luger in exactly same condition and with neccessary papers to shoot the gun and keep it officially (Czech Republic).
                              Magazine is not matching on my though.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X