All matching 1940 Luger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All matching 1940 Luger

I picked this Luger up yesterday from a work colleague. His father in-law owned this Luger and recently passed away. I purchased it from my work colleague. It appears to be all matching down to the firing pin. I took the Luger apart prior to purchasing it. Would like to get some opinions since I am no expert. I mainly collect German WWII helmets. Thank You!
    Attached Files

I think you know the history of the piece and that it's all matching, so I can add very little....Only downside is that it's not an S/42 code instead, but enjoy your find....It's a keeper...Bodes

btw, Did it come with a holster and another matching number magazine?...

Comment

It appears to be very nice and not easy to find with an original matching magazine (as opposed to a bumped renumbered mag!) please keep a light coat of quality oil on it. Of course the s/42 code was changed to 42 in mid 1939, this is a very nice example and would cost a lot of money to replace these days.

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
        I think you know the history of the piece and that it's all matching, so I can add very little....Only downside is that it's not an S/42 code instead, but enjoy your find....It's a keeper...Bodes

btw, Did it come with a holster and another matching number magazine?...
        Thank you for your response. No it did not come with a holster and no it did not come with another matching magazine. You bring up a good point though. I will ask my work colleague to make sure another matching magazine is not lying around some where maybe in the holster.

What is special about the S/42 code vs plain 42 code later model perhaps?

Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
          It appears to be very nice and not easy to find with an original matching magazine (as opposed to a bumped renumbered mag!) please keep a light coat of quality oil on it. Of course the s/42 code was changed to 42 in mid 1939, this is a very nice example and would cost a lot of money to replace these days.
          Thank You for the feedback much appreciated!

Comment

Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!
            Great piece

Comment

Very nice pistol indeed
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

"What is special about the S/42 code vs plain 42 code later model perhaps?"

As phild mentioned, S/42 was the manufacturer code in 1939 before it was changed to 42 later in 1939. If your luger was marked S/42 it would not have been matching.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X