Luger Side Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luger Side Plate

Guys, I need to find a side plate for my 42 marked P.08 dated 1940. I don't want to join a Luger forum just to post a want ad, and don't want to buy a modern piece stamped with my number. Anyone know anyone or a source that may have WW2 originals? Not Sarco, Numrich, etc. Thanks--
    WAF LIFE COACH

I have found them on Ebay on occasion.

Comment

Yeah there's always ebay but I'm looking for a more professional source
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

The main requirement that you need to fill other than relative condition to look right with the gun is finding a Mauser made sideplate. There are ways to distinguish Mauser made plates from DWM (Erfurt and and Simson are easy) but it is very difficult to explain. Fortunately there is a simple way that is usually present on a Mauser made side plate and that is a two digit number on the inside of the plate. If you can find one with that feature then you are on the right track. I don’t know anyone who carries an extensive stock of original Luger parts for sale. Original period parts are catcher catch can and I too would recommend eBay and gunbroker.

Comment

The hard part is finding the side plate with the correct number outside as well as inside. What are the odds of that?

Comment

All I can do is ask around. Ebay and Gunbroker are the two places I check frequently but maybe, just maybe, someone here knows a guy who possibly knows a guy who thinks he might have something. And yes, it must have the correct number or else I'm just spinning my wheels.
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I did not realize that you were holding out for a matching number sideplate. It will be a practical impossibility to find a plate with correct number outside and inside. It will not even be easy to find a correct condition Mauser made plate these days forget the outside number. If put a rust blued DWM plate on it, even with a “matched number” it will not look right and may very well not fit correctly although most anything can be forced on and I have seen that a number of times. Unless the gun is near mint and more so has the real matched magazine the effort and expense of a matched side plate will not be worth it IMO and then a sharp Luger guy will catch the off inside number

Comment

Since your pistol has effectively been demilled by the removal of the side plate I would accept any side plate for the present time and hope to find a plate with at least the outside number matching in the future.

Comment

My pistol has not been demilled, it has a different sideplate that I want to replace. It even came with capture papers.
                  Attached Files
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Another pic, in sunlight
                    Attached Files
                    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Excuse me. I only saw the part where you said you needed a side plate for your Luger. Good luck.

Comment

This guy had a lot of Luger sideplates. David-
                        bayfieldz@comcast.net

Comment

Originally posted by tharpo View Post
                          This guy had a lot of Luger sideplates. David-
                          bayfieldz@comcast.net
                          Thanks, is his name David or is it yours?
                          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

His

Comment

Okay cool, thanks
                              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X