Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
    It’s all fixed now and ready to rock.
    I just need to get out the door and try it!!
    Just too cool! And your photo on the ATF Form 4 looks like a mug shot!! Make sure you get the proper ammo.

War story: In May 1966 my dad was an RF/PF advisor; somewhere along the line he traded something for an MP40. He didn't have any 9mm, so went to the CIA hut outside Camp Widder and got some from them. He used the MP40 during his next ambush where, he said: "When we initiated the ambush I jumped up like John Wayne and fired the Schmeisser ... and only one round popped! Scared the hell out of me because I was receiving automatic fire. Threw it down and grabbed my pistol. " He said the CIA had given him 9mm Kurz (.380). He was so displeased with events that he traded it off for some plywood sheets to build a new team club-house. Needless to say, I -- as a 15 year-old -- was sorely disappointed he didn't bring it back!

-- Guy
    Attached Files

Comment

To think that this gem was near me the whole time! Interesting that it didn’t transfer to you via Form 5 if it was a DEWAT.

Comment

Originally posted by SplFrcsCWO View Post
        To think that this gem was near me the whole time! Interesting that it didn’t transfer to you via Form 5 if it was a DEWAT.
        The M/Sgt. came home, aboard ship in January of ‘45.
        He may have had one of the ship’s machinists disable it. (Weld the bore, break off the firing pin, apply a grinder to the bolt face. Whoever did it tried to get the barrel off by clamping the magazine well and also bending the ejection port!)
        There was no BATFE in ‘45, so he registered it upon arriving with the IRS.
        There was no such thing as DEWAT classification at the time, I would think.
        I probably could have transferred it on a Form 5 but then I would have had to do a Form 4 anyhow.
        I simply saved a step.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X