Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.38 byf 42

All,

Just wondering what a realistic value would be for my byf 42 P.38, all matching numbers. Let me know if you need more pics. Thanks a lot--

Gene
    WAF LIFE COACH

I had a chance to buy one similar (ac42 instead) complete with holster....The guy originally wanted $1200, but I wasn't really in the market for one...I think he ended getting between $8-900...Bodes

Comment

Thanks but I think $900 is a bargain price that someone may have lucked into.
      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
        Thanks but I think $900 is a bargain price that someone may have lucked into.
        Perhaps, but I did buy a nice byf44 w/soft holster not too long ago for $700....Bodes

Comment

I still think it's one of those 'they're still out there' kinds of prices
          WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
            I still think it's one of those 'they're still out there' kinds of prices
            You may want to check gunbroker prices just to see what people are willing to spend....That's generally what I like to do when I'm curious about them (prices)....Bodes

Comment

I do, and Gunbroker can be a good barometer but there are a lot of auction-frenzy realized prices that are downright crazy. I figured axing the locals here on the WAF would be best
              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

In that condition I would think about $600.00 in today's market.

Comment

I would agree with Mauser88 on price. It’s a nice shooter for about $600.

Comment

I am not a P 38 expert but it looks like a nice matched P 38 with a good bore. It looks untouched. It has a nice Waa prof marks, pre 1945. In my neck of the woods they want 800-100- on a good day. Sometimes at a gun show they want more but as you know many sellers do not have an idea of a real value
                    I would like to take it to the shooting range as it will be a good shooter.
                    If I were you I would keep it if you only get 600
                    Just my opinion

Juan

Comment

Maybe condition isn't the best, but it is still decent P38. Being byf42 makes it a little bit more desirable than '43 or '44..I think it should easily bring $800 to $900 on GB.

Jack

Comment

Gents, no way I would sell this for $600. Thanks for the input everyone
                        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Gene,

Helluva shot (pun intended) down the bore. Shame us old collectors have to/ want to part with this stuff. I'm in the same boat.

Regards,
                          Mark
                          "You can check out any time you like ..... But you can never leave....."

Comment

I don't need the money, I need Luftwaffe goodies!
                            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

I think the value is higher than estimated before, even in such condition.
                              Gene's P38 is a byf 42 - the first year of production. As Mauser only started their production line very late in that year (November/December), very few made it to the Wehrmacht.
                              I don't have my books at hand, but according to some on line charts, only 700 byf 42 P38s were accepted into military service.
                              Just my two cents.
                              Douglas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X