Charging handle for ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging handle for ???

I have this charging handle that I need help identifying. I am thinking it is for some type of Italian WWII machinegun possibly aircraft related because of the aluminum parts & castle nuts. Lots of various small markings on it.
    Attached Files

MG53(?)....Bodes
    Last edited by bodes; 05-29-2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
      MG53(?)....Bodes
      Nope. This is for something big, .50 caliber or bigger.
      It's really heavy duty & a foot long.

Comment

If you are sure its Italian/ Aircraft try the BREDA SAFAT series.

Used by the Italians and sold overseas as well, think the Russians used a version.

Caliber I believe was up to 12.7mm. They used them in the same way as the 50 Cal browning, Turrets, nose and waist positions. Lots of differing mounts that presumably would need a variation on cocking handles, especially within turrets.

Pics of some of the markings would be good and perhaps key somebody in on the device.

Regards

Tim

Comment

I have tried to upload some pictures of the markings but they won't upload; "security token missing" or "upload of file failed" are the errors I get.

But I am not sure it is Italian, just guessing because I do have a few Italian guns & it looks like something they would make. I do have a Breda Safat in 12.7mm & 7.7 Italian & this handle is different. Not a lot of pictures on the internet of Italian stuff.

Comment

Handle

Resize photo smaller and it will work

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Flanagan View Post
              Resize photo smaller and it will work
              I already tried that, I cropped them & made them as small as possible & still no go.

Comment

Are we 100% sure that this item is off of a firearm? IMO it sort of looks like part of a release latch for some sort of industrial door or door latch mechanism. In fact, it looks somewhat like those "emergency release" levers found on garage doors (so you can pull it open and escape if the electric motor mechanism fails).

Some aspects of it certainly look "gun like", but other aspects do not.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X