Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review - Hajo Herrmann Wood Pistol Box

Hello Gentlemen,
    I would like some opions about this item.
    I've found in an auction in Brazil (São Paulo) and the owner claims that the item was found in an antique dealer in midle 80's. The owner claims that the box was finded untuched (with the original gun..first class cross..etc..) but the gun was stolen. He said that Hans had lived in Brazil for a period of time...some opions ??
    Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

nobody?

Comment

Looks to be for a P-38.....You may want to research the name involved and see of there are any available photos...Especially one with him wearing a P-38 pistol/holster....

May also help if you can describe it's construction....Like for instance, what's under the felt?....This may further help determine whether authentic or not.....Bodes

Comment

Unless you find a picture of him holding it that’s not something that can be authenticated

Comment

I’m not sure of the question, but I assume you want to establish if the case actually belonged to Herrmann during or after WWII. As far as I’m concerned the case has no connection to WWII Germany. It’s difficult to point to a single issue with this because every characteristic is wrong IMO. Even the engraved name on the plate is not applied straight. The Iron cross strikes me as a 60s-70s fake made of zinc the center is not iron at any rate nor would a pistol case be fitted for an EK more so Herrmann’s IMO. No provision for any accessories for the pistol which is generally the main purpose of the case. The box itself looks fairly nice but does not look WWII era, or particularly German made or even made for a pistol as a factory commissioned case. The inside work is referred to as a “French” style of firearms casing and can be found on many German casings but again with recesses for spare mags, Rod,ammo for instance.

I suppose it is something Herrmann could have had made after the war somewhere but I personally would never put any stake in something like that name plate

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
            Looks to be for a P-38.....You may want to research the name involved and see of there are any available photos...Especially one with him wearing a P-38 pistol/holster....

May also help if you can describe it's construction....Like for instance, what's under the felt?....This may further help determine whether authentic or not.....Bodes
            He was a highly decorated Luftwaffe pilot, who died in Germany in 2010....Did he ever make it to South America?....Did Luftwaffe pilots carry P-38's?.....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
              I’m not sure of the question, but I assume you want to establish if the case actually belonged to Herrmann during or after WWII. As far as I’m concerned the case has no connection to WWII Germany. It’s difficult to point to a single issue with this because every characteristic is wrong IMO. Even the engraved name on the plate is not applied straight. The Iron cross strikes me as a 60s-70s fake made of zinc the center is not iron at any rate nor would a pistol case be fitted for an EK more so Herrmann’s IMO. No provision for any accessories for the pistol which is generally the main purpose of the case. The box itself looks fairly nice but does not look WWII era, or particularly German made or even made for a pistol as a factory commissioned case. The inside work is referred to as a “French” style of firearms casing and can be found on many German casings but again with recesses for spare mags, Rod,ammo for instance.

I suppose it is something Herrmann could have had made after the war somewhere but I personally would never put any stake in something like that name plate
              The name plate also appears to be held on by some sort of adhesive......One would think nails or screws would look nicer and hold better.....Was original EKI stolen with pistol and replaced by a copy?....A lot of questions?....Bodes

Comment

Only my opinion, but it is someone’s recent creation. Look at difference between light green cloth and new dark green twisted spacer cord. And box finish looks new as well as brass fittings.

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
                  The name plate also appears to be held on by some sort of adhesive......One would think nails or screws would look nicer and hold better.....Was original EKI stolen with pistol and replaced by a copy?....A lot of questions?....Bodes
                  Thank you for the highlights!
                  In fact i suspected from the cross and i'm not interested in it. I only was thinking about the box, but without photos...about the type of pistol used by luftwaffe...and the construction of the plate name...really are points of alert!

Comment

Originally posted by zimmerit View Post
                    Unless you find a picture of him holding it that’s not something that can be authenticated
                    For sure!

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                        Only my opinion, but it is someone’s recent creation. Look at difference between light green cloth and new dark green twisted spacer cord. And box finish looks new as well as brass fittings.
                        Well noted!
                        The finish of the box also caught my attention.

Comment

I mistakenly did not see the recess for the spare mag, but my impressions do not change. I guess anyone could be given a P.38 but as suggested I doubt the fighter pilot actually carried one. It is moot as the gun in this case was almost certainly gold plated and or highly engraved and tricked out but not period done.

Comment

The engraving of the name is comically bad. It is not even on a straight line.
                            When you go home
                            Tell them for us and say
                            For your tomorrow
                            We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                            Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Complete fantasy piece
                              WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X