CE 43 K98 For Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CE 43 K98 For Review

Here I have a Model 98 code CE 43 K98 for review. Please let me if the rifle looks authentic. The rifle has all matching serial numbers. I'm potentially interested and the seller is asking for $2200. Thank you everyone for your help and opinions.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

only visible marking on stock.
      Attached Files

Comment

Bravo !!!!

Great K98

Comment

CE is JP Sauer....The stock is marked 'C' on the buttstock which would indicate manufactured by Gustloff (bcd)....Initial impressions are it's fine, but are you sure about it being a Sauer?....Can we see pictures of the top of the receiver?.....I think the gothic style of Model 98 was generally an early mauser feature, so perhaps receiver was a salvage(?).....Bodes

Comment

Appears duffle bag cut. Stock should be small takedown washer and I’m not sure this one is, I can not judge from these photos but this one looks large. Stock serial needs to be checked.

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
              CE is JP Sauer....The stock is marked 'C' on the buttstock which would indicate manufactured by Gustloff (bcd)....Initial impressions are it's fine, but are you sure about it being a Sauer?....Can we see pictures of the top of the receiver?.....I think the gothic style of Model 98 was generally an early mauser feature, so perhaps receiver was a salvage(?).....Bodes
              Also curious as to why both bands aren't the machined type?...Perhaps due to it being a double letter suffix, maybe built close to 1944?.....Bodes

Comment

rifle should be disassembled to check for internal serial # of the wood.

The C stock is a subcontracted stock. JPS was basically an assembler so they made little in the way of the rifle itself. Gothic mod rec. is made At ERMA
                non gothic type walther or subsidiary as it cant be determined 100% .

Comment

I fully agree. Stock could be a potential mismatch. Remove the stock from the rifle and check inside of barrel channel and inside of handguard for serials. It needs to have a matching serial in there. Most probably it isn't matching since the stock has the large takedown disc what it shouldn't if it was an original Sauer stock. Additionally Sauer stock have had date of manufacture of stock applied on the inside.

Comment

Here is another picture. Thank you everyone for your help! The duffle cut hurts the value quite a bit correct?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mp40Bran View Post
                      Here is another picture. Thank you everyone for your help! The duffle cut hurts the value quite a bit correct?
                      It’s an individual “thing”. Generally not much or at all especially if hidden by a band not all were. Some folks like them as they feel that they add bring back credibility. There are things that don’t bother 90% of collectors but are show stoppers for me and the opposite is true as well.

Comment

To me the duffle cut would not be too terrible, however that stock, as others have pointed out, is not likely to be the correct one for a CE. Not nearly worth the asking price then.
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Price seems extremely high.
                          ------------------------------------------------
                          Collector of French ww2-era insignia.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help and comments. I agree I'm going to pass.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X