Questions on Holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions on Holster

A very interesting Browning 1922 drop holster here. It has no maker code, or date. Has "Luft/2" proof marking on the inside flap, which would indicate a maker in the Suhl district.

Now first though of course is H. Krieghoff, who did make drop holsters for the 1922, and was located in Suhl, and used "Luft/2" inspector. However, the pattern and assembly of this holster does not match the Krieghoff manufactured type drop holsters. Notice the drop straps are sewn on the inside of the flap. Krieghoff type holsters like this are riveted and sewn on the outside of the flap. Also notice on the belt loop, that there are 2 extra stitches on the sides. I've never seen a Krieghoff drop holster with these 2 stitches.

Inside the flap next to the proof marking is another marking. This could me a maker's logo? Does anyone recognize it? or know what maker used this logo?

Thanks for the help,
    Matt
    Attached Files

I thought it was for the 1935, but the caliber gives it away.
    Last edited by 101combatvet; 04-17-2020, 06:12 PM.

Comment

It appears to be the pressed paper type instead of leather. Late war.
      Here is a leather one that was on one of the auction sites.

Comment

I like it a lot. Maybe the extra logo is from the manufacturer.

Comment

Nice ersatz holster!

Comment

Thanks for the comments, but it's not an ersatz holster at all. All leather.

Kris, yes, that's what I'm thinking as well. That's why I'm asking if anyone recognizes it?
            It's a circle with a shield inside it. Inside the shield are two letters separated by a line or arrow? The letters look to be "a" and "d" or "a" and "c" perhaps? The Maker "A. Doeppert" (maker code erg) came to mind. They were located in Kitzingen, which is not too far from Suhl, but it's closer to Munich I believe. I've also never seen a drop holster made by A. Doeppert before. They did make Luger holster though.
            This is very frustrating!!!

Matt

Comment

Looks like a rarer variety late war ersatz holster from the pics but I obviously don't have it in hand.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X