Seek Help with Army Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seek Help with Army Sword

Gents, Some time ago, i met a fellow whose Dad was an SS Officer. He had his Dads Chained SS dagger and a sword. His Dad joined the Party @ 1932. Thanks to the Forum I have obtained a copy of his entire service record. Most of his time was in the Allegemeine and transferred to Waffen in 1943. Wounded in battle in budapest. I was successful in purchasing the dagger but since the sword was an Army sword I didn't push for it. I have some photos of the sword and would like some input - the son is looking for a about $1,000. and if it is just an Army sword I don't see the value. So, I need your help to avoid a mistake on my part. Thanks

I posted the three photos I have Will work on getting more.

Rich

IMG_0574 (2).jpg

IMG_0573 (2).jpg

IMG_0572 (2).jpg

Rich,
    It looks to be a good example by Richard Herder. The value is a fraction of what the seller is asking. Perhaps the blade is engraved for him to ask that much?

Chet
    Zinc stinks!

Comment

Unless it has the guys name on it and can be documented to him through the family it's just a common Army sword and even if it did the value would still not be worth much more. Is the knot strap dark grey or black?

Comment

Hi Rich,
        Please attach your photos to the WAF server so they don't disappear later.
        Here is a tutorial on how to do that: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=30341

Thanks,
        -Serge

Comment

Rich, as others have said. WAY over priced for a dovehead army sword. IMO.

Comment

Buy the item not the story. Worth about £400-500 in the UK at best.

Comment

Grozzy90,
              How do you arrive at that figure without seeing the blade and scabbard? That figure is still too much even if there is a scabbard and a decent blade.

Chet
              Zinc stinks!

Comment

Barring anything special that is not pictured, it would be about 400-550 on US dealer sites and less collector to collector. Congratulations on the dagger.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X