Help with heer dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with heer dagger

Hello, I could use a little help with this heer dagger, is the pommel correct for this dagger? Looks a little off, and I'm not sure. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Attached Files

It OK for 3. type E-pack Heer dagger - only look strange since is was heavy cleaned.

Schlange

https://mojalbum.com/schlange88

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=916564

Comment

+1, Nothing wrong here

Comment

A nice looking dagger . Rob
        God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

thanks

Thanks guys, that is what I was hoping to hear. The color of it being so bright was what bothered me a bit, but I love the dagger.
          Thanks again

Comment

Name on scabbard?

This dagger looks familiar, is there a surname engraved on the scabbard?

Comment

Looks good but as others have stated it's been wiped clean of all the nice patina that was on it.

Comment

Dagger

Good eye Mauser888, Yes, it does have the surname nicely engraved on the scabbard. I purchased this dagger on Estand, and wanted to get opinions on the pommel since the patina was a little different. It's a gorgeous dagger, but somebody went to town on the pommel with the cleaning and polishing.

Comment

oops

My mistake, good eye to Polizeidegen to recall this dagger

Comment

Otto Schachtner

It’s your lucky day as I did some preliminary research on this dagger last year. Otto Schachtner is listed as a Kapitan during his service time. He survived the war and his post war civilian occupation was listed as “Manager”. He may have been involved in supply for a Panzer Division, if I remember correctly.
                    His hometown was Zeppelinheim/Offenbach and he was listed in the phone book there until 1980.
                    There is some distinction between the terms Kapitan and Hauptmann, perhaps someone here can explain better.

Comment

Did you not just purchase this dagger off of e-stand? I recall the seller had documentation on the original owner as well that was to be provided to the purchaser.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X