Opinion needed on SS Dagger.

Hey guys...

Thoughts?

TIA

Mike
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Looks like an early Boker in a late scabbard to me.

Comment

Ground rohm boker, and as Ron pointed out it’s a parts dagger. At first I thought the scabbard fittings were polished but you can see plating lifting even some lifted. See light pits on blade, someone’s removed rust and cleaned. Only plus I see is the membership numbers stamped on the cross guard, if not postwar. On the cross guard perpendicular to the motto. But I’d pass unless dirt cheap. Sell the scabbard on fleabay and keep dagger for display.
        Last edited by dasboot2011; 08-21-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

numbers stamped on the cross guard

Good eye. Rob
          God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Was there any overlap when switching from one material to another with these daggers? the fit of the lower crossguard to scabbard throat looks good.

Russ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
              Was there any overlap when switching from one material to another with these daggers? the fit of the lower crossguard to scabbard throat looks good.

Russ.
              Good question, curious about thoughts on that as well. The fit does look decent...

Comment

It is more common to see the plated scabbards on Early daggers with neusilber fittings in the transitional period pieces where there was some metal "variety", due to scarcity of material. It could also be a scabbard replacement that was period (scabbard replacement during the mid to late period production), some of the scabbards took a beating by the wearer.
                Just my 2c.

Comment

Hey guys...

first off... I know NOTHING about daggers. I paid $2500 for it, not really knowing what I was doing.

For sure it does not seem like a parts dagger. Everything is tight...no evidence of anything being pieced together.

That said...what do the stamped serial numbers mean?

Mike

Comment

While it might be possible for a dagger to have nickel silver guards with a plated fitting scabbard that MAY have been transitioned in Germany during the war, it was never made that way and no collector will accept it as being original on an early Boker.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X