Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EP&S full Rohm opinions please

Hi Guys
    I now have the Rohm dagger from e stand last week with hopefully better photos and would appreciate your opinions.
    Attached Files

Typical pack grip
    Your opinions greatly appreciated
    Regards
    Steve C
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice tang markings forEP&S
      Attached Files

Comment

While the SA motto, maker mark and tang foundry mark are typical Pack, the Rohm inscription is unlike any Pack I have seen. They have a very distinct inscription and this one does not share the characteristics of a typical Pack inscription. Also giving me some pause is the mismatch of definition and detail of the inscription to maker mark, the Pack logo appears to be far less distinct.

As always with these, I like to inspect the motto and inscription under a digital microscope to compare etch depth, detail and definition...

Good luck, lets see what others have to say.

Comment

I have to concur with Gary on the difference in wear on the maker mark. As far as the inscription goes, I compared it to the one in Stephens book, and it does match
          pretty well, but I don't have a Rohm myself which would be the best way to compare. Good luck with it!

Comment

This is the EP&S inscription from Ralf Siegert’s SA dagger book.
            The herzlicher seems to be the biggest difference and also the crisp makers mark.
            Attached Files

Comment

The crisp makers mark in Siegerts's book.
              Attached Files

Comment

Not a known Rohm inscription from Pack and wouldn't be for my collection, just my opinion.

Comment

I guess by the negative comments you will be returning the dagger ?

Was it origionally sold by Wittmann ?

Comment

Hi Mac
                    No it was Ulric, can still be seen on his site.
                    Yes it will be returned but I not sure the owner believes it quite yet that it is fake.
                    But we've all been there and it really is a lousy feeling.
                    Regards
                    Steve

Comment

You've done the right thing by returning it because there is no doubt that the Rohm inscription is a reproduction.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve C View Post
                        Hi Mac
                        No it was Ulric, can still be seen on his site.
                        Yes it will be returned but I not sure the owner believes it quite yet that it is fake.
                        But we've all been there and it really is a lousy feeling.
                        Regards
                        Steve

Hi Steve,

Ulric sells dodgey high priced items, not a dealer i would buy from !

Hope you get a refund ok & if you find another dagger your interested in post it here for opinions before buying mate.

No more lousy feelings !

Cheers Mac 66.

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys
                          The seller on e stand I have bought from before and has promised a full refund so I am not worried from that point of view.
                          The moral of the story from both seller and buyer point of view is put on here for approval, especially big ticket items then your not messing about returning items.
                          Regards
                          Steve C

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X