SA dagger with serial number???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA dagger with serial number???

I found this Eickorn dagger in a show recently and it has a matching serial number. I have never heard of that for SA daggers but it definitely looks period to me. Any thoughts?
    Attached Files

It looks fine to me. I've seen SA daggers with matching member's numbers on both the reverse lower crossguard and the scabbard mouth in the past. Not the earliest issue of the Eickhorn SA, but a nice one, nonetheless, in handsome condition.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Yes, it is in fine condition. my question is: what would these serial numbers refer to? Specific issue? First one I have ever seen, although I am not calling myself expert on anything

Comment

In which SA group has this dagger been issued?

Comment

No group

That is the weird thing about it: 33-36 Eickorn logo, all early silver nickel fittings, anodized scabbard BUT this serial number and NO group letters! If the numbers were the owner's party number, why duplicate it on the scabbard? And 4-digit is pretty low for a party number. This guy would have qualified for a Rohm-signed one.

Comment

Additional pics

Here are more pics
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rolfsteiner View Post
              Yes, it is in fine condition. my question is: what would these serial numbers refer to? Specific issue? First one I have ever seen, although I am not calling myself expert on anything
              Ausweis number, a specific brigade perhaps.

Comment

To my knowledge, nobody quite knows what these numbers mean. The examples I have seen are stamped on early SA daggers. They are not like on SS daggers which are numbered to a SS mans membership. I never found a SA man by the number stamped on a SA or NSKK dagger. Maybe in the future someone will find a key that will open the door to this mystery.

Brigade numbering is different than your example.

Nice early SA. A keeper. Congrats.
                Last edited by Serge M.; 04-28-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X