How rare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How rare

I just picked up a Ernst Romer SA dagger and was wondering how rare they are?

Rarity falls on a number 6 out of 10 on the McSaar rarity list.
    The more frequency in sightings of each producer the more common and the rarity number incrementally changes to lower common numbers.

Regards Larry

Comment

Certainly, though, the pricing is also very dependent on the condition, regardless of the maker.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

And the value also involves whether the full Röhm inscription is present on the blade's reverse, or whether only part of the inscription remains -- some recipients had Röhm's signature removed but retained the rest of the wording -- while most recipients had the whole inscription removed, either professionally or crudely by hand. Obviously the presence of the full inscription holds the greatest rarity and therefore value.

Br. James

Comment

May we see photos of this piece?

Many thanks,

Br. James

Comment

Br. James, I believe this was in reference to the dagger maker Ernst Romer, and not to the Ernst Röhm honor daggers.
            An understandable mistake, if I'm correct.
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

I think this is it... http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1001104

Comment

Of course you're right, Erich; I should have picked up on that from Larry C.'s note referencing the McSARR list! Thanks for calling this to my attention, my friend -- with apologies!!

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X