NSKK Ground (?) Eickhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSKK Ground (?) Eickhorn

I picked this up today from an antique weapon / militaria show here in MD today. A dealer named Ray Zyla (militaryrelics.com) had a few third reich items for sale. Very nice gentleman and dealers at the show said he was a good guy. This is my first dagger / 2nd edged weapon. I paid $500 for it. He did not sell it as a ground Röhm but after talking to other guys at the show, I think it is safe to say it is.

The blade was soaked in an oil (gun oil...cosmoline??) I took a soft microfiber colth and wiped off just the heavy amounts. I went back over with the soaked cloth so there is a fine coating of whatever oil was on it. Should I completly remove that oil?

So....Questions, comments, concerns. Im open to hearing what you think.

Yep, this is a ground Röhm NSKK dagger due to the small logo near the crossguard.

Can you post close ups of the black scabbard paint? I’m not sure if this one has been period or postwar painted.

Comment

Originally posted by ivbaust View Post
      Yep, this is a ground Röhm NSKK dagger due to the small logo near the crossguard.

Can you post close ups of the black scabbard paint? I’m not sure if this one has been period or postwar painted.
      Are these good, or do you need a specific area?

Comment

I think it’s ok.

Postwar painted scabbards often have a wavy, rippled surface. Here’s an example of 2 period and 1 postwar painted SA scabbards. Pretty easy to identify once one knows what to look at
        Attached Files

Comment

Wartime painted scabbard IMO.

Comment

Good to hear. Glad I made a good purchase. I feel like I am starting to get the hang of what to look for.

Comment

Nice enough early GR NSKK dagger by Eickhorn for 500 bucks

Congrats !!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X