Gottlieb Hammesfahr SS Dagger Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gottlieb Hammesfahr SS Dagger Opinions please

Was offered this the other day so I have been researching it a bit to see if its good, no scabbard and was offered to me at 1500. I know little to nothing about SS Daggers and quite frankly scared to buy one so far but was thinking about this one. Seller told me he had it checked out and offers a money back guarantee. Any help greatly appreciated!
    Sorry about the pics, all I have right now.

No Scabbard ?

Can't say much about the dagger but it 'looks' good.

BTW, Next time please attach photos to WAF server.

-Serge

Comment

Am I posting the pics to the wrong location? I upload them to my album then post in a thread. Is that incorrect?
      Also the pics I have of the dagger are clear, when they post to the forum it resizes them and they come out muddled. If someone can email me I can send the pics. Would like to buy this one but don't want to make a mistake. Thanks!

Comment

Here's the tutorial on how to post photos on WAF. Third party photo hosting are not allowed anymore as they disappear and render thread useless.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=30341

I would not recommend buying a dagger without the scabbard unless it's 'on the cheap'. Others may think different.

-Serge

Comment

Here are some more pics, thanks Serge!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RamZ67; 03-13-2019, 09:58 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

A few more, I think these may show better. I know most want the scabbard but at what they sell for complete this is more affordable for me to have one. I don't want to have 3,000 plus in one.
            Any thoughts?
            Attached Files

Comment

A couple more.
              Attached Files

Comment

Last one
                Attached Files

Comment

It looks like an all original in pretty good condition. The blade looks to have been cleaned up at one time a long time ago. It would be nice to see clear high quality pictures of the motto and maker mark etch but I think that the picture of the maker mark shows the etch is original.

As far as not having a scabbard if you get it cheap enough it would be a nice piece to start your SS experience. Just bear in mind when it is time to sell no scabbard makes it a tougher sell and a decent SS M33 scabbard is not easy or cheap to find.

The $2000 price tag on it is not realistic in my opinion and about twice what I would think you can realistically get out of it. Only my thoughts though so maybe wait and see what others think of the dagger and price.

Steve

Comment

Keep on saving your $$$ for a complete SS dagger, this one may be real but its not complete, you will be happier in the long run, trust me

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
                      Keep on saving your $$$ for a complete SS dagger, this one may be real but its not complete, you will be happier in the long run, trust me
                      Great advice. I would agree 100%

Comment

Thanks guys, I may just pass on it and wait for a complete one to come along.

Comment

Originally posted by RamZ67 View Post
                          Thanks guys, I may just pass on it and wait for a complete one to come along.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X