Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Dagger Opinions

Hi guys!

This dagger has been in my long term collection, and past my initial inspection when first purchased. I have thought about selling it and just wanted a public opinion as SS items are always tricky.

I appreciate the help from you all!

Take care,
    William
    Attached Files

Thanks again!
    Attached Files

Comment

Drapes don’t match the curtains

First thing that jumps out at me is the mis match patina from lower cross gaurd to upper scabbard fitting. Not a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat J View Post
        First thing that jumps out at me is the mis match patina from lower cross gaurd to upper scabbard fitting. Not a good start.
        Hi Mat!

So the cross guards are actually matching on the front facing side, but not on the back side. When I first purchased the dagger, I asked the guy about the cross guard markings. Subsequently he cleaned off the backside to make the III more visible.

Thank you!
        William

Comment

Original ex-Röhm dagger made by Eickhorn.
          The SS button is typical for Eick Röhms and differ from the types on Himmler daggers or standard Eickhorn SS daggers.

Comment

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post
            Original ex-Röhm dagger made by Eickhorn.
            The SS button is typical for Eick Röhms and differ from the types on Himmler daggers or standard Eickhorn SS daggers.
            Thank you for the feedback! I very much appreciate it.

Take care,
            William

Comment

Could you chenck the blade lenght? may be repointed?

Comment

Originally posted by bsrmilitaria View Post
                Hi Mat!

So the cross guards are actually matching on the front facing side, but not on the back side. When I first purchased the dagger, I asked the guy about the cross guard markings. Subsequently he cleaned off the backside to make the III more visible.

Thank you!
                William
                Hi William, I may have jumped the gun with my unfortunate "guilty until proven innocent" mentality. For that I humbly apologize. Cross Guards/Scabbard/Runes are all Eickhorn. Just wish the knucklehead before you wouldn't of cleaned that part of the cross guard. Can't unring the bell as they say. Enjoy your nice piece of history.

Mat J

Comment

IMO - If I scales the dagger blade image on my 27" display and place my SS Dagger (SS 120/34 RZM) on top of it, then the SS Dagger blade in question looks to be about 1/2 inch shorter. This is not a scientific measurement method, but the blade may have been repointed...

Kind regards,
                  Don_

Comment

The "III" stamped onto the reverse lower crossguard is present to indicate that this piece was among the first daggers ordered and delivered to the SS Distribution Center in Berlin.

Br. James

Comment

Can you please measure the blade from tip to cross guard? The last inch or so doesn’t look right on the pic with the full motto, presumably a poor attempt to mimic the geometry using a file looking at the straight edge on top. Else as others said an original dagger, and still a nice piece.
                      Last edited by dasboot2011; 10-15-2018, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X