Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maker mark question

Hi all,

Been offered an early SA dagger, the maker Mark is Rich ABR Herder, but instead of being of Solingen it’s Berlin marked..: is this legit? Cheers

There are some shady SA daggers floating around with this logo. I would not want any of them in my collection. But that’s JMHO.

Comment

Berlin = Dead give-away....FAKE!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G. View Post
        Berlin = Dead give-away....FAKE!
        Before Hitler came in as chancellor pre 1933 and ramped up production is there not a chance Richard Herder was based in Berlin? I have seen a few other daggers marked with the Berlin stamp too. All very confusing.

Comment

"Berlin" is the kiss of dead when it comes to Third Reich daggers. Solingen and a handful of other cities were involved as places of production but certainly not Berlin, Or wait; the SA manufacturer of Haco was from Berlin If I remember it right

Regards, Wim
          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

So far as I am aware, Richard Herder's factory was never located in Berlin but always in Solingen. The mistake of location is a common one on reproductive tokn blades from the 1960's. Haco is the only one I can remember that had Berlin on their logo.

In addition to the bad location, the logo (& presumably the Röhm inscription as well) look laser etched.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
              So far as I am aware, Richard Herder's factory was never located in Berlin but always in Solingen. The mistake of location is a common one on reproductive tokn blades from the 1960's. Haco is the only one I can remember that had Berlin on their logo.

In addition to the bad location, the logo (& presumably the Röhm inscription as well) look laser etched.
              IMO. FP

Comment

Great reply’s thanks people very helpful as always, saving me lots of ££££ it’s a mine field out there!!!

Comment

HACO from Berlin was not a manufacturer, but a distributor. It might be possible that F.W. Höller from Solingen manufactured the SA daggers for HACO.

Comment

This is currently on Eban now starting at $52. Trying to post pics from my phone but I can't. Will add when I'm home later.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/WWII-dagger-b...s/173491601992

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X