Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl Eickhorn markings

Dear all,
    I own a KM Carl Eickhorn dagger (early Mle).
    On one side of the silk is No. 42 (repeated on the leaf spring, on the piece acting as a stop and at the base of the escutcheon).
    On the reverse of the silk, there is a serial number (?) Which is also repeated on the back of the stop.
    What are these numbers? Is this typical of this manufacturer? Is there a link explaining these correspondences?
    Thanks for your help.
    Best regards.
    Arnaud (Vernon/france)

Hello Arnaud, internal numbers were marked on interconnecting parts for the original construction of the dagger in the factory, to make sure that all the parts fit well with each other when it was being assembled and did not get mixed up with others. External numbers on a KM dagger are usually because it was purchased by the navy (not private) and used at a depot, these are known as depot marked pieces and usually have a stamping of a stick eagle next to a letter M. Hope this is what you needed to know.

Russ.

Comment

Here is an example of the depot markings on an Eickhorn Navy dagger.

John
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you

Thank you very much JohnZ & Bulldog.
        I am not yet familiar with this site. I can not attach some photos. If you wish, I can send you photos on your private address: here is mine: arno_andrieu@yahoo.fr
        Best regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X