Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravity knife opinions

Hi..
    Would like to have your opinion on this gravity knife..
    Its a friend of mine thas has it.
    What i could read on the web it seams to be a lot of repos of this.
    So lets see what you think.
    Attached Files

Based on those photos I would say it is a fake/reproduction. There are several details that seem wrong, would be easy to tell in person or if disassembled

Comment

Witch things are looking bad?
      This is the Only one i has in my hand, so i don't have any experiens of these

Comment

The reproductions are too close to be able to say for sure from these photos. If this one was original it would be one of the so-called Type II transitionals. Most feel that such knives do not exist as made by this maker, SMF! So just out of the gate the bar is set several miles high on this one.

I do not care for the blade finish or logo application. I also do not like the machining details on the lever....I also do not like the shape of the bolster....but this is near impossible to judge from these photos.

I would suggest to anyone that runs across a SMF logo marked stainless blade in a type II config to be VERY WARY. Even more so (if that is possible) when the scales and metal look near pristine.

Comment

I own over a dozen of these knives and this is one of the worst fakes I’ve ever seen. A badly stamped and mis-aligned Weyersberg arrow with a crude SMF logo. This knife is an insult to dedicated collectors. The seller should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by djtshc View Post
            I own over a dozen of these knives and this is one of the worst fakes I’ve ever seen. A badly stamped and mis-aligned Weyersberg arrow with a crude SMF logo. This knife is an insult to dedicated collectors. The seller should be ashamed and embarrassed.
            Agree, pure junk...

Comment

Thanks!
              This is a jungel of this knife.
              thanks fore help.

Comment

Yes, beware

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X