Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TENO Model 1938 EM/NCO Dagger

Hello Guys

Can i have your opinion about this piece have i made a right choice ?

I cant find any good ss dagger so i decided to wipe my tears with that piece.
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

and last
      Attached Files

Comment

IMHO I think you have a reproduction dagger.

Steve

Comment

Why the soft details on the crossguard eagle? I'm very skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by no1canuck View Post
            IMHO I think you have a reproduction dagger.

Steve
            what is wrong with piece steve ? should i ask anymore photo's

Comment

As Billy says the crossguard eagle stands out as suspect along with several other points. Here is an example to compare from another thread on this forum.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=TENO+dagger
              Attached Files

Comment

There's also a shot above (1st picture, post 2) that shows what looks like casting pits on the side of the crossguard, something that is never seen on a period piece.

Comment

Are the grip plates marked on the inner surface?
                  Last edited by Lampwick; 08-15-2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

I think this is a period dagger buffed mechanically to destruction. There are traces of the original plating and base metal, heavily polished over the metal decay and prior damage, removing all details to the casting.

The number die stamping match perfectly to known period examples, which is never the case in repros or fakes.

Sadly this has been destroyed by a misguided attempt hide the hilt corrosion often seen on these Hewers...

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by GaryMJ View Post
                      I think this is a period dagger buffed mechanically to destruction. There are traces of the original plating and base metal, heavily polished over the metal decay and prior damage, removing all details to the casting.

The number die stamping match perfectly to known period examples, which is never the case in repros or fakes.

Sadly this has been destroyed by a misguided attempt hide the hilt corrosion often seen on these Hewers...

Gary
                      Gary nailed this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
                        Gary nailed this one.
                        serge so dagger is period But has been messed with correct ?

Comment

I have a question for Gary and Serge on this one: Wasn't the base metal on these Tenos zinc? I would think that if you heavily polished the zinc it would take on a dull appearance. It would appear to me that if they buffed/polished the fittings down, then they must have nickel-plated them again. They seem awfully shiny to me. I'm not disagreeing, I'm just asking. I'm wanting to add one of these to my collection soon, so I'm researching. -- Thanks

Comment

So we are to believe that the only difference between these two is that one has been buffed? Having worked with metal for the past 38 years I don't. But only my opinion.

Steve
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by no1canuck; 08-16-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by no1canuck View Post
                              So we are to believe that the only difference between these two is that one has been buffed? Having worked with metal for the past 38 years I don't. But only my opinion.

Steve
                              I would agree Steve.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X