Buying SS dagger, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying SS dagger, need help

Hey guys, i’m relatively new to this market when it comes to daggers and bayonnets, but i have had a strong interess for history my entire life and would Get immense appreciation and value from owning a SS/SA dagger in my collection.

Considering all the frauds and replicas in this field, i want to take all precautions i can to authenticate and confirm the product and not Get scammed taking to account how expensive especially SS daggers is.

Here is the dagger i’m considering buying, if anyone here with expertise in this field could see if this is beauty is a real or fake i would appreciate it tremendously

[/quote]

Don't waste your money. It's garbage - painted over SA grip, SA crossguards, painted together with the grip and the scabbard then cleaned up to look the part. The roundel is replaced, the eagle looks replaced too. The blade is too far gone...

Comment

I agree, it's junk. So many things wrong here. Hold out for a good one, as they do come up with some regularity.

Comment

As stated, it's put-together garbage. Save your money for a nice & real example.

Comment

I agree with our colleagues' opinions here. Save your money toward a genuine example of either an SA or an SS dagger; both are still available. And don't let the cost compromise your desire for originality -- if you do, you'll soon regret it. And if it doesn't really matter to you whether you own an SA or an SS dagger, then focus on the SAs out there. There are many fine examples still available at fairly reasonable amounts.

Cheers, and WELCOME AMONG US -- it's good to have you here!

Br. James

Comment

Fair enough, thanks for all the good points and help guys as started im a real begginer in this field so any help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Just out of curiosity... how much was the seller asking for in US dollars?

Comment

Don't waste your hard earned money, total junk.

Comment

One to study and be very happy that you asked first before buying. After looking at the images I think that this could be considered one of those "miracle" daggers that turn up for sale every so often. Among other things having a blade with lots and lots and lots of pitting and rust (mostly now erased). The corrosion being something that was removed by an acid bath and/or polishing - but somehow it still has almost all of the motto darkened. Imagine that............... FP

Comment

Originally posted by Skyline Drive View Post
                    Just out of curiosity... how much was the seller asking for in US dollars?
                    Sorry for the delay, 700 dollars

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X