NPEA dagger opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPEA dagger opinions

Just got this with a ver nice original SA dagger.
    The sellers father is said to have bougth these two daggers shortly after the war during his travels. He was a dealer of supplies and brought home a variety of stuff.

This can very well be a PW made up piece,never had a NPEA so I got to ask for opinions.
    Attached Files

last 2
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't like the look of the blade (including the crossgraining) & the zinc eagle. Is there no scabbard?

Comment

No scabbard

Comment

Npea

Originally posted by Billy G View Post
          I don't like the look of the blade (including the crossgraining) & the zinc eagle. Is there no scabbard?
          +1 with Billy here. Plus the fact you could drive a small foreign sports car through the gap between the lower cross guard and scabbard fitting. Also I believe if you look close enough, you will see where the SA roundel originally was, filled with wood filler, sanded and re-stained.

I am in no way an expert on these daggers. Hope to be in the years to come, but for now I'm confident in saying this is Parts Dagger at best with a zipped blade.

Comment

Hi, Just an observation and I may be wrong but the top of the grip looks like there may have been an SA roundel there once and has been removed then filled and stained to try to blend in but to me it looks suspect.
            Cheers, Andy.
            PS: Mat J you posted at same time with same observation lol.
            Last edited by Andy.B; 06-20-2018, 07:32 PM. Reason: missing text.

Comment

Is it just me, the lighting, or do the crossguards do not match? I don't like that gap either...

Comment

Will check after work.
                But I don't think there's have been a sa roundel. It's simply a small imperfection.

Comment

No, not a good example from what I am seeing here

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X