Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dress bayonets help..

Hello
    I have been offered both of these bayonets. First is unmarked, with nice blade, and solid handle. (No bayonet slot). The second is in better shape , maker marked, and has the opening for attaching to the rifle. It also has a partial Red felt in the opening. Any idea as what would be a reasonable price? Either one rare, or more desirable ?
    Thanks

I think the bayonets you describe are backwards in the pics. The one with a solid pommel & recurved (S shaped) crossguard is a Fireman's bayonet. The blade mark is of a distributor, Horst Wolff of Leipzig. The other bayonet is a standard KS98 model with a red felt plug denoting Army use.

Neither are scarce & they are plentiful on the collector market. Since they are not in super condition, I would suggest not buying them unless you can get them cheaply.

Comment

The second one is Feuerwehr Fashinenmesser also a tool or Sidearm not a bayonet, as a bayonet should be mounted on rifle, first one a standard dress KS98. br.Andy

Comment

Yes, I did get them mixed up. I was able to pick up the k98 bayo very inexpensively.
        Thank you for the help..

Comment

I noticed that there is a number on the Catch lug of the dress bayonet. It appears to be 335?? It is hard to photograph. Does this have nay significance?
          Thank you

Comment

These can be sign that these bayonet was produced in the TR earlier period.
            The rivet configuration reminds me to E.u.F. Horster Solingen products.

Schlange

https://mojalbum.com/schlange88

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=916564

Comment

Thank you for the help. Is it the off set rivet configuration that makes you think it may be E.u.F. Horster Solingen? I have tried to look to see another with the rivets slightly off set, but have not been able to find an example.
              Thank you.

Comment

I have looked at several web sites, and it does appear that the grip checkering pattern may indicate that it is an early war bayonet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X