Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transitional Eickhorn SA Dagger

Hi All,

It has been a long time since I have posted here, due to personal circumstances, my love of collecting WW2 memorabilia has been put on the back burner for several years. I am now looking to get back into it and am going to refresh my collection by selling off a few pieces and buying some new!!

I was never an expert, and just as I was starting to learn what to look out for etc, collecting had to take a backseat. All of my pieces have been bought from the e-stand, and it is with your help I have managed to grad some cracking pieces.

I would appreciate any help or feedback as to this piece, and what you think this would fetch these days?

Thanks in advance!!

This is the original info with the dagger....

An initial production Eickhorn Transitional dagger with hanger in magnificent condition. All fittings, both scabbard and dagger are constructed with nickel silver. This dagger has never been apart since the day it was made. No dents, dings or un-turned screws, in as close to unissued condition as you will find. Original lacquer stilll exists on the fittings. The blade is fab, superb with full cross graining with just the normal runner marks. The scabbard retains all of it's anodising as the pictures will show most of the lacquer remains with one spot on the reverse. The hanger is mint supple and without any obvious wear, frosted nickel silver grip eagle the eickhorn bag which is included did not come with the dagger. Transitional daggers are rare to begin with, but heres one of the first off the line!!!! You will never see one like this again!!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Outstanding example of a early Transitional Eickhorn SA dagger (1937, 1938, my guess).

The hanger is a early nickel silver 'snout nose', more commonly found of early vintage daggers than on Transitional's.

I'm not sure on the 'sack' but it could be a repro. See what others may say.

-Serge

Comment

Hi,
          Looks really nice piece but as a relative newcomer to the hobby and learning all the time I have a question: Why does the enamel to the SA button appear to be black instead of brown? or is it just the photos making it look black or is it extremely dark brown? or is this a rare variation that has black enamel? I am confused.
          Andy.

Comment

The SA roundel came in different shades of brown. This one looks to be a dark brown.

Comment

Lovely transitional Eickhorn SA ,

A keeper imo.

Comment

Very, very nice!!!

Comment

Thanks guys for your comments!

Comment

I agree: a fine transitional piece...with appropriate accessories!

Br. James

Comment

Thank you everyone for your comments! I have been doing some research and I have a rough idea of what this piece would be worth, but would like some confirmation if possible, so how much do you think I could get for this piece??

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks 👍👍

Comment

I would value your dagger at £550

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X