uujj
      Attached Files

Comment

juju
        Attached Files

Comment

ss sword

hello juju
          alway difficult on photos! but a good feeling for me on this sword! if you can post a good photo of the engraved !!!
          best regards
          patrick

Comment

Let's see also the tang connection on Lions head.

Comment

Yes Tranchant and sSerge, you're right, better pics would be fine but I don't have them. Sorry

Comment

So far I'm not getting a really comfortable feeling about this saber. A few years back a dealer to the South of me had a saber where a craft store "silver in a bottle" was used, and others I've seen have had modifications to add Runen and/or emblems as just a few of the tricks to create an "SS" saber. So for me if no really good closeups for multiple areas are available I would very rapidly lose interest.

PS: IMO it seems to possibly have some other problems as well but I don't see a need to create better informed fakers when so many obvious fakes are accepted as "period". FP

Comment

The hilt design and motto etch reminds me of an Eickhorn early SS sabre pattern which was accepted as legit' when first seen 40 or 50 years back.
                  The attached scan is taken from Jack Angolia's "Swords of Germany 1900/1945". It is also featured in Angolia's first book on TR swords from 1969. I have seen that sabre, originally turned up by Fred Stephens in the UK, plus another in the collection of famous sword collector Art Sylvie in the US.
                  The pencil note on the scan is mine, made back in the day to confirm that the TM was the correct small double oval Eickhorn TM .
                  However, the subject sabre of this post is not by Eickhorn but by another maker - anyway, I have my doubts, jmho.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Brown View Post
                    The hilt design and motto etch reminds me of an Eickhorn early SS sabre pattern which was accepted as legit' when first seen 40 or 50 years back.
                    The attached scan is taken from Jack Angolia's "Swords of Germany 1900/1945". It is also featured in Angolia's first book on TR swords from 1969. I have seen that sabre, originally turned up by Fred Stephens in the UK, plus another in the collection of famous sword collector Art Sylvie in the US.
                    The pencil note on the scan is mine, made back in the day to confirm that the TM was the correct small double oval Eickhorn TM .
                    However, the subject sabre of this post is not by Eickhorn but by another maker - anyway, I have my doubts, jmho.
                    Must agree with Barry, having seen the Eickhorn model when owned by Art Sylvie many years ago, I personally have my doubt's about this one. Only difference I can see is if I recall, the Eickhorn had silver grip wire, other than the makers mark. SCARY Stuff here. IMO.

Comment

One has to know 'Their Stuff' when you go into these type of SS swords.
                      I see features that I feel comfortable to say that at least the blade, is a fake.

Good try by the fakers, but not good enough. -

Congrats to those who had the 'queazy feeling'.

No details, and no PM's on this one please.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X