Postwar HJ Knife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postwar HJ Knife?

After receiving a kind message from a fellow forum member, I like to place this HJ knife up for discussion. I bought it about three years ago for a ridiculous cheap price and I thought it was real. I do not collect SS-items but back then I couldn't resist.
    Now, I think I have to agree with the forum member and say that this dagger must be postwar. The scabbard has a raised edge, the knife itself doesn't have a maker mark and the pebbled handle is very rough made. Perhaps there are more points I'm missing out on here?

Cheers,
    Laurens

more

Comment

more

Comment

more

Comment

last ones

Comment

I have to question at least the grips. It's generally a bid sign when the HJ diamond follows the checkering lines in the grip. The diamond being well below the level of the grip isn't a good sign either. That's my 2 cents, but we'll see what others say.
            Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

The knife is a rework. Replaced grips, replaced diamond and fake scabbard.
              Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado
                The knife is a rework. Replaced grips, replaced diamond and fake scabbard.
                I am in agreement with Jeff (Colorado). Sorry

Best Regards
                Mike

Comment

Sorry...same here - it doesn't have a whole lot going for it.

Oh, well, at least it was cheap!

Best,
                  Skip

Comment

Thank you for the replies guys, all the concerns are thus indeed correct.
                    The price three years ago was 17 US$ (after all, luckily ).

Best Regards and thanks again,
                    Laurens

Comment

Hi Laurens,

Your knife is 'all' post war. The scabbard shouldn't have the lip, the grips are to badly made to be WW2 and the crossguard comes up at the wrong angle. The blade would have either a makers mark or an RZM mark or both.
                      But for $17 it's OK. You even see these copies with the 'Blut und Ehre' etched on the blade!! But most of the unmarked ones are just scout knives which someone has taken the scouting symbol off and put a HJ diamond on.
                      Regards
                      Irv

Comment

its fake yes, but the handles on most HJ knifes where made by different makers, bought and put together by a firm. These where meant to be used and perfection was NOT the most important issue
                        Ofcourse real handles isnt filed on like this one....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,553 at 02:04 PM on Today.

Working...
                        X