Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA dagger opinions please

Hi Guys,
    What do You think about this Wilh. Kober sa dagger, original or not. Looks good IMO.

I don't think so.

Daggers original- but not the dedication IMO.

Comment

I agree with Serge: this appears to be an original piece by Wilhelm Kober & Co. of Suhl. It was made for an SA member in SA-Gruppe Hansa. The McSARR list rates Kober SA daggers as "2," which is among the second most common manufacturers on that list. And Ralf Siegert -- who is not everyone's favorite author on SA daggers -- includes Kober among those cutlery firms known to produce the Röhm Honor Dagger. While Serge does not share with us his reason(s) for doubting the originality of the Röhm dedication on this piece, he obviously has reason(s) and, not being any authority on these acid-etched dedications honoring loyal SA members from the Kämpfzeit, I must respect his opinion.

Br. James

Comment

I would expect to see the motos on both sides much more faded than they are after the blade underwent so many scratches. I'd expect them to look more like the color of the maker mark.

Comment

Originally posted by tony bologna View Post
          i would expect to see the motos on both sides much more faded than they are after the blade underwent so many scratches. I'd expect them to look more like the color of the maker mark.
          1+

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

Thanks a lot. Now I know everything.

Comment

Kober and Hansa

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X