Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Model LW; please help.

Hello to this forum,

I just received this dagger today on approval. It looks good to me but I would sure appreciate your opinions before I accept it. Thanks so much for all your help.

Harvey
    Attached Files

Hilt
    Attached Files

Comment

Blade; sorry about the lighting.
      Attached Files

Comment

Mm
        Attached Files

Comment

mount screws
          Attached Files

Comment

Clip Markings
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a keeper to me.
              Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Looks okay from the photos. There was a similar thread last week on a 1st Model Luftwaffe dagger, but this one doesn't seem to have the same questionable traits. If it's reasonably priced and you are okay with an aluminum example, this one should fill the bill.

Good luck,
                Skip

Comment

Thanks Jeff and Skip.

I already have one with nickel fittings and thought one with aluminum would be nice. I saw the thread last week and noticed that it was a different maker and that the leather on mine looks different somehow. I suppose it's priced okay, it's $500 and the same seller sent me a LW Officer's sword for $625. I hope to post the sword soon for comments. Again, Thanks,

Harvey

Comment

Unless the blade has some issues, $500 is a good value.
                    Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

'

I have no problem with this one Harvey.

Excellent condition but obviously NOT new and a REAL makers mark

Cheers,
                      David.
                      At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your help. The only problem with the blade is that I couldn't get the light right to take a good picture; it's in really nice shape with just a couple of light age spots. Again, thanks,

Harvey

Comment

I see there are many good thing about this one. The makers maker, the handle, the screws on the scabbard, and the overall wear. I learned to look for all of these by showing the one offered to me, to the guys here too.

JasonS

p.s. the guy who offered me mine is taking it back.
                          Last edited by JasonS; 03-01-2005, 11:57 AM.

Comment

This one is on the money. A fair price as well.

Regards

Comment

Dagger looks quite fine. I think you did good. The port does not look like the type normally associated with this model. I would have expected to see a bullion type. This looks more like a nylon variation. This is not a big deal just an observation. Congrats!
                              www.lakesidetrader.com

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:24 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X