This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA dagger Seminar 2015 by Tom Wittmann

Attending the big shows for many collectors is for finding pieces for their collections, meeting with friends in the hobby, and just have a great 'Bro-fest', with like minded buddies whom you enjoys sharing a drink and a story with.
    However, there are also hobby seminars held and if there should be one on the topic of your interest, there is info in there that can't be found in books or in forums.

Since I'm a dagger collector I attended this one held by Tom Wittmann at the MAX show in 2015. As Tom was working on the narrative part of his forthcoming book on 'Exploring the German SA Dagger', he wanted to give a preview and educational seminar on little known facts on the SA dagger. The video was recorded but then seemed to have been misplaced, now found again, and it was posted on Tom's website today.

https://youtu.be/pNwU1XvPsdk

Although the sound has some echo and the quality is not 'Hollywood', if your into SA daggers there is info here that you will not find anywhere else, until the SA book is published (I don't know the release date).

It's almost 2 hours long. However, it didn't feel like that when I attended. It felt like 20 minutes had passed and there was so much more I wanted to hear.

This is for those that asked on a old thread if there was a video recording of it. YES ! Here it is. Hope you guys don't get bored with details about 'squiggly-wigglies'.

Serge

Serge, thanks for sharing. Thomas made good thing for hobby. It really helpful for community.

Comment

Watched it last night, and it didn't seem like 2 hours. Tons of great information. Fascinating hobby information! Well worth any dagger enthusiasts time. And Serge, you got some great SA 's . Will probably Watch again this weekend. We all owe TW our gratitude for his efforts share this knowledge.

Comment

Very Informative

Thanks Serge

Comment

Serge,

Thanks for posting this. I'm looking forward to seeing it myself, my problem is I need an interrupted two hour period. Like that's going to happen!

Comment

Looking at other videos I see one from the Max where YTW is walking around...He stopped and talked with Craig...They are reviewing some high end uniforms...There were 5 on the display but the edited out the Middle piece which was the Hitler Brownshirt and Visor...Kinda funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSK24Fdf39Y

Comment

I have to say, all of the presentations that night were awesome which included Ron and Russ! I was not expecting to be "wowed" but I was and then some, a lot of knowledge there!!!!
              Bob
              www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Serge... I think you should pin this thread...

Comment

Its nice to see that the MAX Seminar Program is receiving some good comments and I am hoping that other collectors will see what they have been missing over the years. Attendance has been much better that past tow years (mainly thanks to Tom Wittmann and others). I hope to continue this trend and am asking for those who wish to present a topic (doesn't have to be on daggers or Third Reich items) will contact me as I am still in need of presenters for this year. Also, the OVMS is offering an honorarium for presenters this year. So, contact me with your ideas. Ron Weinand, Seminar Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Skyline Drive View Post
                    Skyline, If I get more response from this thread, it will be under consideration due to the rare and detailed SA dagger info presented. Tom Wittmann spent a lot of time and money with his staff to do this presentation at the MAX, all for the hobby. I hope more dagger guys see what is included and appreciate it.
                    All they have to do is L@@K what is here. A wealth of rarely known details on scarce SA dagger variations.
                    Thanks for your support.

Also, as Bob I. mentioned, many decade researchers like Ron W. and Ross K. give another view into the vast area of in-depth investigations on serial numbering, the mysterious (no longer) NPEA school system and it's daggers. All a must to attend.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm always learning from these Top-Shelf researchers.

Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Skyline Drive View Post
                      A very good idea.

Comment

+1

Comment

Originally posted by saar View Post
                          A very good idea.
                          I agree. DONE.

Comment

Glad to see that Tom's seminar is pinned for the future. I haven't had time to watch the whole thing yet, and now I can do so when I have more time. Many thanks!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
                              I agree. DONE.
                              A dagger Seminar is a very good idea.May be,it's possible for the not visiting collectors like me to do a Report .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X