Is this an SS "Ground Roehm" dagger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this an SS "Ground Roehm" dagger?

I would sincerely appreciate any opinions as to whether this is an SS "ground Roehm" dagger. Thanks, John
    Attached Files

More photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Final photos
      Attached Files

Comment

It certainly could be a ground Röhm piece -- it's of first-run manufacture bearing the mark of the initial SS Distribution Center in Munich, and the blade appears to have been ground on the reverse and polished on both sides, removing the highlight accenting on the blade motto.

Sorry to see that there's been moisture under the leather harness, leaving stains on the solid nickel hardware.

Br. James

Comment

Here's another photo of the set.
          Attached Files

Comment

John,

Your Herder SS certainly looks like a ground Röhm, the scratches are very similar to my partial Röhm Herder in depth & location.

Despite the reverse scabbard fitting, the condition looks very nice. I would try to gingerly remove that verdigris from the fitting as I believe it might further degrade the finish if left in place.

Comment

Herder made more Rohm's than any other maker IMO, and this is one,

Comment

Definitely a good ground Röhm. That little detail in the circle is a best confirmation.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X