Navy Restore???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navy Restore???

I have a Navy maker marked Puma with the masted ship etch,but the blade has some pretty bad pitting,can it be restored? or should it be restored,and if it can be restored is there anybody out there that could do it?? look forward to opinions.
    Peter

Originally posted by peter g barber
    I have a Navy maker marked Puma with the masted ship etch,but the blade has some pretty bad pitting,can it be restored? or should it be restored,and if it can be restored is there anybody out there that could do it?? look forward to opinions.
    Peter
    pic 2

Comment

Pic 3

Comment

Some of this pitting could not be removed without destroying the etch. Best leave it alone.

Comment

ofcourse its possible to re.etch, the cost would be very high and the risk of destroying it would be very big. Better to leave it.

Comment

Yep don't touch it...

The pitting is a part of history, what would of have happend with this 65 year old dagger?

Comment

Too far gone to do any meaningful restoration...I agree that, in this case, the pitting tells a story and it should be left "as-is".

Best,
              Skip

Comment

Thank you chaps for your advice,and your right I will leave it,it was just that as a hard maker to find (Puma) I thought if it could be given a new lease of life it deserved it,but as you say maybe it tells a better story left alone,once again thanks to all.
                Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X