• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EM Teno question

Was wondering how much devaluation $$ or percentage
    with a Moderatly sharpened blade.
    The blade is moderately sharpened
    The rest of the dagger being in good shape, just curious about the blade hurting it to what degree?

thanks
    Mike

Mike, would greatly help if we had some photo's.

Comment

Quite acceptable to have a sharpened blade on on EM Teno or RAD EM dagger. After all these were working knives, finding ones that are not sharpened is the real challenge and they will bring a premium.

Comment

It hurts the value considerably in my opinion. We could give you a better answer if you could post some photos.

Comment

Working on a few photos
          Grips are nice
          Here's a pic of the eagle and one of the blade so you get an idea how the blade was sharpened to an extent

Hopefully they show up.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Sharpening of blades is at times, an unfortunate reality in the daggers we collect. While the sharpening of a blade certainly affects a piece's overall value, I think there are degrees that are acceptable to a majority of collectors & degrees that are generally avoided.

The EM hewer you show looks pretty heavily sharpened although I can't tell if some of that may just be surface corrosion. The appearance of the blade might improve some with an application of simichrome but the sharpening on this one seems a definite detraction. Sorry man.

What's the number of the hewer?

Comment

The sharpening that you show in the photos hurts the value considerably.

Comment

Chipped cross guard!

Comment

Originally posted by waffendude View Post
                  Working on a few photos
                  Grips are nice
                  Here's a pic of the eagle and one of the blade so you get an idea how the blade was sharpened to an extent

Hopefully they show up.

Hewer have number on blade and throat? Please could add thats pictures.

Comment

This is not my dagger, just wanted to mainly inquire on possible devaluation of the blade being sharpened. Take 40% off 50% off? Maybe worthless to some in this condition????
                    I knew the crossguard was chipped, that's why I posted that photo
                    I'm aware the blades are numbered along with the throat of the scabbard.
                    I do not have a picture of that or know what the numbers are or if they match.

I appreciate the comments and help
                    Mike

Comment

tenodagger

Hello

Perhaps the value of a dagger with a sharpened dagger is reflected by the over all condition of the dagger and degree of sharpening . Not sure if there is a certain benchmark of decreased value reflected to a given percentage to a sharpened dagger . Repeatedly we hear the true value of a dagger is reflected by the condition of the blade .

Then it reflects to how much ones budget can afford to additions to their collection and what is a acceptable price with a true understanding of its value .

In the end its all relevant .

Cheers .

Comment

505 for sharpening and an additional 10% for the crossguard imo,

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
                          505 for sharpening and an additional 10% for the crossguard imo,

Thanks Ron

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X