SS Panzer Dress Bayonet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Panzer Dress Bayonet

Any thoughts on this pommel etch, maker is Eickhorn. This is only photo available.
    Jenko
    Attached Files

Looks like method of decorating by stamp and engraving method. Personally I think it is difficult to say the exact date of creation. (SS flag??)

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

Here is bayonet on auction site with full description and photos.
      http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lo...1-c-52144eea97

Comment

Noting that not everything that was described is pictured, this is not the first one of these that I've seen which were all postwar embellished, and I see no reason to change my mind for this one. FP

Comment

A hand graving over nickeled or chromed surface is very strange, with SS flag brings it for some people for astronomic value, as there exist exact described roller engravings of handle pommel motivs, i would say,made from a individual personally, and the date is unknown!! From 10 pcs of SS items are 9 faked this is the info that i could confirm after 32 years of collecting.b.r.Andy

Comment

Not good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnZ View Post
              Not good at all.

I checked out the link some more and found what I was looking for to compare to some data I already had. 10 or so years ago I documented two other fake "SS" bayonets like this both complete with frogs, and this one reported as coming from the state of Missouri. Joe Walters and the "House of Swords"?? With what I did not know until now being that in 1999 it sold for $2700.00 complete with a "COA". Estimated value now worthless (IMO). With the same worthless value for the "COA" except for the fact that it puts some information like a name/face (not the House of Swords) on who it actually came from as a dealer to the customer almost 20 years ago. What's next - some more "COA's" for some of Atwood's fakes, or the BDM/DJ/Party Day/Olympic knives? FP

Comment

Not one for my collection.

-wagner-

Comment

Someone ruined an otherwise nice bayonet with that thing.

Comment

elementary school artistic attempt

Comment

Crude post war embellishment IMO

Comment

All the negative posts confirm my thoughts, i did contact the vendor with my thoughts but seems to think its COA is all it needs, just hope no one gets burnt on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenko View Post
                          All the negative posts confirm my thoughts, i did contact the vendor with my thoughts but seems to think its COA is all it needs, just hope no one gets burnt on this one.

Some poor collector will get burnt or it might turn up on a dealers site, unfortunately

Comment

And it's a T. Johnson COA.

What's happening to this hobby?

Geez......

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X