Personalized 2nd luft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personalized 2nd luft

We usually don't find many 2nd Luftwaffe that were personalized. I always thought it was perhaps because there was no room to engrave anything on the hilt, and on the blade, that would be a couple of levels up due to the hardness of Solingen steel, and hence expensive.

However, on occasion we find some Luftwaffe officer wanted to have his dagger named to himself, and found a craftsman would would tackle the job of engraving on the reverse crossguard. Here is one such example. The name R.J. W.Schreiber
    is engraved. I like how the engraver took the extra effort to follow the curve of the wings.

it is early Alcoso 'blackie' example.
    I have not identified the owner yet, as there are many 'Schreiber's' on the list, from a Me-262 ace to a who knows ? The key is in the 'R.J. W.' part.

I thought you guys would enjoy seeing something a little different.

-wagner-

Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Beautifully conditioned & personalized. The real beauty in this piece is the research potential which makes it so much more desirable. I really hope you put a little effort into this one, especially since those 3 initials will probably make it possible. Imagine the levels this blade would rise to if you could tie it into that Me262 pilot or some other interesting/dashing individual.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X