double etched 1st model Luft Dagger for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

double etched 1st model Luft Dagger for review

A friend of mine just bought this dagger and needs some help learning about it.

Is this dagger an original dagger with wartime etch, or an original dagger with a post war etch, or a complete post war creation, and what a value might be if it's original? The etch looks a little sloppy to me, but I'm no expert on these.

I'm sorry for the picture quality, I appreciate any help and opinions about this from the forum experts.
    Attached Files

more pictures

another look
    Attached Files

Comment

Double etch Luft dagger, more pictures

Last pictures, thanks in advance for any help with this dagger.
      Attached Files

Comment

Original 1. model Luftwaffe dagger produced by P. D. Luneschloss, Solingen. Blade is post-war etched.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

Originally posted by Schlange View Post
          Original 1. model Luftwaffe dagger produced by P. D. Luneschloss, Solingen. Blade is post-war etched.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album
          Yes as Schlange mentioned. I also had a similar one of these years ago and tossed the blade..... snapped it in half, didn't want it back on the market.

Comment

Sadly, have to agree with the opinions already expressed, postwar etched blade. I remember reading many moons ago about there being a lot of etched blades by PDL & Clemen & Jung, also Plümacher I think, that were all done in the 1960's. Whenever I see those logos on an etched item, it should always give one pause.

Comment

+1

Comment

Years ago I had a 1st Luft with a mint, Plümacher-etched blade identical to this one. Later I found this blade called-out in one of the fake-dagger books.

Comment

The time period is about right for Atwood - is there any thought about it being him or was it someone else (or multiple other candidates). FP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X