demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe 1st model dagger for your review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe 1st model dagger for your review...

Hello fellow collectors,

I'm attempting to make my first dagger purchase and could really use some opinions on this Luftwaffe dagger. The gentlemen selling it tells me it's a Luftwaffe 1st model dagger with nickel hardware (not aluminum), and the maker's mark is SMF. He seems like a great guy, but when you're spending a lot of money, you want the opinions of the experts to validate it! :o)

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jason
    Attached Files

More images...
    Attached Files

Comment

2 more images...
      Attached Files

Comment

And the last 2 images
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice original.

Regards
          Danny

Comment

Looks fine.

Comment

I agree: it looks fine to me, too...though the grip leather is rough. The overall piece appears to be fine. A word of advice about the price: you should visit a number of dagger dealers' websites and see what they are asking for comparable pieces. There's no need to spend more than you need to on this piece; it is fairly common and available, though again, a fine example of the first model Luft.

Br. James

Comment

$$$$????

What is the seller "asking" for this dagger just for conversation?

Comment

Originally posted by Mat J View Post
                  What is the seller "asking" for this dagger just for conversation?
                  Hey Mat J, the seller is asking $750 with shipping included. What are your thoughts?

Also, thank you dr01, Matt G, and Br. James for your feedback and advice, it's very much appreciated!

Comment

thats a good price imho

Comment

I think that price is more than fair!

Comment

Very fair price on a great example of an earlier first model Luft!

Comment

Awesome, thanks again gentlemen!

Comment

Feel Him Out

If he asking $750.00, 5 will get will 10 if you offer $700.00 he'll take it. What does it hurt to ask? What's the worst he can say?....No? He most likely knows the hobby is in a bit of a slump and who knows, he might really need the money. And he most likely picked it up for half that. The old saying goes, "You miss 100% of the shots you never take". Go get em" tiger!!! Best wishes,

Mat J

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X