Help ID Sword/Sabre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help ID Sword/Sabre

First help is Sword or Sabre the correct term for this piece.
    Overall length 39 1/4" Blade length is 33 1/2"
    I am assuming German WW1 NCO dress sword. Maybe imperial era. Please correct if wrong. The portepee has metal threads but is torn/broken. I do not know if this should have been in a knot or is this what it should look like. The scabbard is in pretty poor shape but the blade survived storage very well. The washer appears to be correct. Sharks skin? Any help is appreciated. I took this in on trade for a $300 value. Any estimate on value would also be appreciated.

Last edited by Rescue190; 08-15-2016, 05:22 PM.

It is ww1 austro-Hungarian sword

Comment

Its nice austrian ugrian Infantery Offizer sabre M1861 with proper porteeppee prior late 1916, most real dress item used for parade and walking out. b.r.Andy

Comment

Thank you for the information. Great help for additional research. Does anyone recognize the maker? Any estimate on value?

Comment

Julius Voos Solingen was well known firm, it could be they produced only blade and delivered to other assembly firm in Austria, or made overall sabre, the prices are not very high 200€ probably, as this is the most common austrian sabre model.b.r.Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
            Its nice austrian ugrian Infantery Offizer sabre M1861 with proper porteeppee prior late 1916, most real dress item used for parade and walking out..........

Julius Voos Solingen was well known firm, it could be they produced only blade and delivered to other assembly firm in Austria, or made overall sabre, the prices are not very high 200€ probably, as this is the most common austrian sabre model.b.r.Andy
            That works for me on both counts with the only thing I might add that from the images this seems to be the later (turn of the century - WW I) version of the sword. FP

Comment

Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X