MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on this Navy dagger currently on estand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on this Navy dagger currently on estand?

I'd appreciate your review on this dagger: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=873081

It has one of those "flat" tip scabbards, which I think is a cool look. It does unfortunately has a couple taps in it. Thank you for you input!

No for my taste.

Schlange

http://www.mojalbum.com/schlange88/album

Comment

I've never studied Kriegsmarine daggers to any specialized degree but the only thing I see missing from this piece is the buffer pad. Looks like a very nice piece to me, but again, I'm no authority!

Br. James

Comment

I do collect only Navy. I see no red flags from the photos. A typical late Eickhorn Kriegsmarine dagger IMO. Felt buffer pads are available albeit a modern replacement. Certainly not a deal killer I would think.
        Best
        R.

Comment

Thank you for your input! Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Schlange View Post
            What do you think is wrong with this km ?

Comment

Nice KM dagger at a fair market price, seller is very trustworthy & great to deal with imo

Mac 66

Comment

I agree totally I just wondered what he thought was wrong with it
                Not that there is anything wrong
                Unsupported comment especially on a good dagger can mess with an estand sale

Comment

I agree totally I just wondered what he thought was wrong with it
                  Not that there is anything wrong
                  Unsupported comment especially on a good dagger can mess with an estand sale

Comment

I would require better close up images of the blade tip before I made a decision. Judging from image #4, the blade tip looks pretty bad. There are far better examples available. At least with WAF you would have the right of refusal.

MW

Comment

I agree with Mac, the seller is a decent guy who's trustworthy. I've dealt with him several times before & been very happy.

Comment

I also agree with Mac, Bob is a very good, honest seller.

I had Bob post images of the blade tip on his sale listing.

He shows the buffer pad also ..

This is a legit dagger at a very fair price.

MW

Comment

Blade tip is totally fine

if i never had one i would buy it fast

Mac 66

Comment

Original dagger, great price

Comment

The problem I see is the chape has been flattened, looks like the scabbard has been dropped on its end and pushed it in. There are also a couple of other dings in the scabbard. The brown/tan felt buffer pad is in place.
                              Last edited by Bulldog; 08-15-2016, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X