police bayo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

police bayo

Hi guys not my thing here the pictures I have are not great just have a quick chance of a punt at this so thought I would run it past you guys for guidance.
    My regards Pete
    Attached Files

police bayo

many thanks again ,regards Pete
    Attached Files

Comment

The bayonet appears to be a Weimar period item, cut down from 17" to 13" during the NS zeit. Alcosos was a prolific maker of Polizei bayonets & their wares are often seen. It's nice to see a slotted hilt example too since these are certainly scarcer than the un-slotted types.

The crossguard & scabbard fitting numbers are mismatched, a small issue for purists but this means nothing as far as the originality of the parts.

The scabbard is missing its throat & the retaining screw although I suspect you may be able to locate a replacement somewhere.

Overall, not a terrible item, if the price is right. Personally, I wouldn't overpay for this one because there's plenty out there that have all the bells & whistles.

Comment

thanks

Thanks Billy .
        What sort of price do you think I should be looking at.
        Regards Pete

Comment

For a collector to collectr sale, I'd say $350-$400 would be a decent price.

Comment

Bayonet looks like good one, attachable on rifle, anyway like mentioned by others missmatch and the mouth piece with inner spring on scabbard is missing.b.r.Andy

Comment

thanks

THanks for your time guys.Best regards Pete

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X