Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KM issued sword with depot stamp by Alcoso

Hi
    Just wanted to start this thread as this piece was questioned. To me it looks like a legit sword in pretty decent condition with a somewhat banged up scarab small hairline cracks to the handle and some spots on the blade.

Best regards
    Bjorn
    Attached Files

more pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

last
      Attached Files

Comment

Need any more pictures just ask and I'll provide.
        Now its IPA or maybe APA time :-)
        Cheers

Comment

Personally I've never seen a TR depot marked navy with a quill back blade. Could we see a photo of the Alcoso makers mark.

Comment

A WKC marked (a stamping on the blade not etched) like this one comes to mind that I thought was OK, but I also know that this basic pattern has been reproduced, so I will have to check and see if I can find that information. FP

Comment

Here is some more photos
              I understand that the quill back blade was most found on imperial/weimar swords but I cant see any thing suggesting that there where anything tampered with this sword.

The stamp seems to have a ghost stamp

Let me know if more pictures are needed.

Cheers
              Bjorn
              Attached Files

Comment

more
                Attached Files

Comment

I found this other Alcoso KM sword - same Alcoso maker mark and same blade type

Source:
                  http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=km+sword

Reichsword: This sword you liked but the blade where never shown, but looking at the makermark photo you can tell its the same type
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another depo marked quill back blade by different maker same pattern.
                    So can we agree that depo marked swords with this type of blade is do exist?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=512124
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Berra View Post
                      Here is some more photos
                      I understand that the quill back blade was most found on imperial/weimar swords but I cant see any thing suggesting that there where anything tampered with this sword.

The stamp seems to have a ghost stamp

Let me know if more pictures are needed.

Cheers
                      Bjorn
                      In the Imperial era the fullered blade type of officer's Navy swords as private purchases were offered for sale. With the 'quill' or 'pipe' back blades (versus flat or fullered) as a standard (but not universal) type introduced shortly after the Napoleonic wars with the officer's swords for German naval use copied from the British Navy 1827 pattern that used the 'quill' back type. Which for service use was also used for the Prussian M52/79 and KD89 cavalry swords that expanded to all sorts of officer's swords in the Imperial era as an option, with the tradition minded German Navy for government purchases staying with the basic 1827 pattern that did not have colored eyes, but with a folding basket/guard instead of solid one piece guard. FP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X